- Instructors or group leaders read to the students an introduction letter written by former NASA astronaut Joe Tanner
- Students watch a short, inspirational video highlighting the benefits of exploration on land, in the air, at sea and in space.
- Students are asked to imagine their future careers where science, technology, engineering and math are important.
- Students create a postcard drawing that depict their dreams for the future (especially with respect to space)
- On the back of the postcard the students write a short explanation of why that future is so important and inspiring.
- The drawings are sent to the WWOF project office. Collectively these impressions will be used as a symbol promoting continued space exploration. As a whole, the postcards will represent a message from youth across the country and the planet that they want a future with robust space exploration.